Today Denise and I were back at the house at 9:20 working on getting the entire downstairs cleared so that the owners could actually live and feel comfortable in their new home. The day ended early because we were all exhausted and Denise and I had plans to meet her friend in Laguna Beach for dinner. The lady we met was named Maxine Manson ... she is 94 years old and one of the most amazing people i have ever met. She was absolutely beautiful ... proper ... well dressed ... quit whited ... she was great! This lady had 16 national commercials ranging from head and shoulders ... to voice overs ... you name it ... she advertised it ... she was also an actress and did a lot of theater ... Her stories and wisdom was SO inspiring ... We talked about Chanel ... and our favorite tv shows ... like SYTYCD ... her trips to europe ... her husband ... i pretty much got her whole life story ... It was such a pleasure to meet her ... I decided that I am going to write her to let her know about all that is going on in my life ... I told her about my plans for college and dreams of the future ... one of the quotes she said that i will never forget was "The most valuable thing in life is making memories ... but remembering them is just as important "~ Maxine Manson ... what an amazing dinner ... the food was wonderful but spending time with her was even better :) Even though we are 76 years apart it was great to relate to things and learn about each other :) on the way home from laguna we drove down PCH so we passed Huntington beach ... long beach ... new port beach ... and lots and lots of beaches ... all of them were so gorgeous ... living here is so much fun ... there is a lot to see and do ... I cant believe only one week has gone by ... i'm extremely tired ... experienced so many things .. and met a ton of people ... its crazy ... Im excited to see what these next few weeks look like ... i'm sure Denise and I will have a lot more crazy adventures ... job number 3 starts thursday ... and job number 2 ends wednesday ... yes folks that means i still don't get a day off ...
Things I loved
maxine
getting dressed up tonight
jason ...
scrabble on the iphone
chicken with mango
making breakfast this morning
starbucks
a super hot shower after work
chocolate covered raisins
getting the downstairs finished today for the most part
Things I disliked
the book shelves
cabinets
tiredness
laundry piled way to high
dead phones
no cell service
the never ending mist here
NO BREAKS !!!!!!!!!!!
Why I Started This Blog
There are many reasons why I chose to start this blog, but the main reason was i wanted to keep people updated with the challenges, adventures, experiences, and events happening in my life. I love to share the stories of how God is continually working and directing my life. I hope that this blog will allow people I love to see all the wonderful ways God is working through me, teaching me, and pushing me to grow throughout my time at school. I love you all ! ~ Miranda ~
Jeremiah 29:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment