The past week has been nothing short of eventful ... one of my jobs consisted of setting up and organizing a room at a retirement facility ... because we were in and out for a few days dropping things off and moving things in we began to get to know the residents there ... let me start off by saying bless their hearts they were all such sweet people and were so excited to see new people coming in ... we (denise and I ) were essentially their entertainment ... but honestly this place was something that kept me laughing ... first we met the receptionist ... i forgot her name ... but all she did was get on the intercom and in a guy type voice yell for "tido" the handy man ... but she didn't just say his name she drug it out like "Tidooooooooo" haha I almost peed my pants laughing when she did it ... the other interesting person we met was the manager/owner ... who sits in her office with her feet on her desk ... letting her little dog run around the place ... and goes out and smokes every few min. some of her office decor includes a disco ball ... what in the world ??? why would you need a disco ball at a retirement facility ???? ... the next lady we met ... Sally ... was very excited about her new "trim" a.k.a. a haircut ... she showed us and was very proud of it ... she also asked me if I was having fun ... at this point in time I had already done a ton of loads to the room so my answer would have been no ... but i wanted to be nice so I said with a smile on my face "yes" ... her response to me was "thumbs up ... number 1" haha I just laughed ... on our way to the room I noticed this couple ... they told me they were looking for a certain room number so I tried pointing them in the right direction ... well little did I know this wasn't out of the ordinary for these two, daily they are "lost" and can't find their room ... every time I came to this place they were wondering around "lost" ... the guy told Denise that for the past two days he hasn't been able to find his room haha... of course this isn't true the attendants probably help them find their room each night but they were entertaining ...
On saturday I had the day off and spent some time with Jason (long story as to how we met) ... we went to the beach here in redondo ... it was gorgeously sunny outside ... and such a great day off of work ... that night Denise and I went to our favorite french restaurant where all the waiters speak french ... I love all of the french guys there SO cute with their accents ... after we got home we walked on the beach to the pier and went toe ring shopping until 10 at night :)
Sunday was an adventure to say the least ... I got up and took Denise's car to do lots and lots of returns .... one of the places I went was yep you guessed it Bed Bath and Beyond ... unfortunately Kristopher with a K wasn't working but I met Deshawn ... who fit the B B & B employee criteria ... he could have easily been in the mafia ... he had all the chains and bracelets ... hilarious ... as I was out I was quite excited that I knew my way around PCH ... and the Torrence area ... I never used the GPS and got to every destination just fine ... Denise had a date so last night I went grocery shopping and spent the entire night cooking all sorts of things that could be put in the fridge for dinner for the rest of the week ... this week is so jam packed full of appointments ... and jobs that we are working extra long hours so by the time we get home the last thing we want to do is cook ... Some of my dinner creations include my famous Mediterranean pasta ... and a Brazilian chicken with tomato coconut salsa :) sounds good right ??? I am getting to be quite the cook these days ... that or i'm fearless and try new recipes that seem to taste good and work out ... at 10 pm I got a call from Denise saying she lost her keys in the grass at the concert they were at ... so I needed to go let her into the garage ... the thing with the keys is now we only have one set and losing them and leaving them places has become a regular occurrence so this is worrisome that she lost the spare pair.
Today we got up late ... both of us ... which meant no time for a blow dryer ... and sweats to wear which is fine ... whatever ... looking like crap for work is pretty much a given ... at least for these jobs ... we rushed to charlie's house (one of our clients who will be moving this friday ... these are the people who had the garage sale that resulted in a everything is for free sale) to measure their master closet space so we could go design and order the Elfa closet system (we will be building and installing the closet ourselves so everything they own can fit properly) ... While we were ordering the system the lady we were working with a.k.a. "sista" became a friend ... all three of us were laughing and trying to figure out how in the world we were going to design this closet ... usually its pretty simple but the closet has this support beam that messes everything up ... and you know Denise she uses every inch of space she can so this closet couldn't have a single inch of wasted space ... after about four hours at this store we went and got lunch jumped in the car only to find out we were going to be sitting in traffic for quite a while ... we passed the time by singing to the radio and using car phone chargers as microphones ... GOOD TIMES ... we arrived at our next destination ... big lots ... we go there almost every day to get plastic bins to organize with ... we had two huge carts full of plastic containers ... I will upload the picture I took of her car filled to the brim with bins and lids ... as we loaded everything in the car we stepped in a huge puddle of water and cigarettes ... it was gross so before we drove off we used little disinfectant wipes to clean off ... I called it the "bath on the go" which isn't that funny ... but Denise almost peed her pants laughing she thought it was hilarious ... We both got home and decided we are going to bed early ... so even though its 7:15 ... i'm off to bed :)
Why I Started This Blog
There are many reasons why I chose to start this blog, but the main reason was i wanted to keep people updated with the challenges, adventures, experiences, and events happening in my life. I love to share the stories of how God is continually working and directing my life. I hope that this blog will allow people I love to see all the wonderful ways God is working through me, teaching me, and pushing me to grow throughout my time at school. I love you all ! ~ Miranda ~
Jeremiah 29:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment