Why I Started This Blog

There are many reasons why I chose to start this blog, but the main reason was i wanted to keep people updated with the challenges, adventures, experiences, and events happening in my life. I love to share the stories of how God is continually working and directing my life. I hope that this blog will allow people I love to see all the wonderful ways God is working through me, teaching me, and pushing me to grow throughout my time at school. I love you all ! ~ Miranda ~
Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

women doing mens work ... the description of my day

When I woke up this morning i was feeling pretty good ... the sun was out ... i only had to work till 3:30 ... i thought it would be an easier day ... boy was i WRONG !!!!!! todays task was the dreadful "GARAGE" ... three car garage packed full of boxes that i had to unpack and then organize ... with very little storage space ... lets just day today wasn't the greatest happiest day ... i can honestly say i am pretty darn good with tools ... adjusting shelves ... finding spots for junk that people just cant seem to throw away or part with ... this is just a little advice from my experience ... if you are moving into a new home DO NOT bring the paint over from your old house ... you wont need it ... TRUST ME .... but no we had to find a space to hold 13 huge cans of paint ... uhhhhhhhh ... there were so many frustrating things about today ... i was hot ... sweaty moving boxes and lifting things ... then to top it off ... this really got me ... i am 18 years old and i can say from experience kids do not want 50 boxes of "memorabilia" ... they dont want every test paper assignment saved from preschool ... do yourself a favor and GET RID OF IT ... another word of advice ... if you are going to keep stuff that you think you will use in the future thats great :) but if you are going to forget you have it and are worried about seeing it or finding it do yourself another favor GET RID OF IT !!!!! most people don't even know half the stuff they own ... ok ok enough of my rants ... todays highlights all have a common theme ... Korean Grandparents ... the family i am working for has these parents that are Korean that come over every day ... and are SO entertaining ... the grandma is hilarious ... she made us lunch and she was asking us about the "fweyes" ... i was so confused i kept asking her "what are you saying ? i don't understand" about 5 min. later i figured out she was talking to me about FLIES ... haha and wanted to know if there were any flies bothering me ... she also never calls her husband by his name instead throughout the house she yells "grandpa!!!!!" grandpa was hilarious today too ... it was very very hot today so everyone was dying from the heat ... we are outside eating lunch and grandpa walks out with his urkle shorts ... flip flops ... no shirt ... rubs his pecks and says "this ok?" haha what a crack up !!! i had a relaxing afternoon after work stayed at the apartment ... did some dishes ... took a shower ... and watched So you think you can dance ... I am missing alex on the show but Roberts dance tonight was SO touching ... LOVED IT ... and of course I love KENT ... He's so adorable :)

Things I disliked ...
I would list everything but it would be a lot longer than my what i love list and i already complained through the entire blog paragraph so this list can be found in above writing

Things I loved
SYTYCD
SUNSHINE
KENT
FRUIT
ROBERTS DANCE
WHEN WE LEFT THE GARAGE FOR THE DAY
THE FACT THAT I GET TOMORROW OFF
SHOWER AFTER A LONG DAY OF WORK
GETTING THE DISHES DONE
TALKING WITH MY FRIENDS :)
MY FIDM SWEAT PANTS

No comments:

Post a Comment