Why I Started This Blog

There are many reasons why I chose to start this blog, but the main reason was i wanted to keep people updated with the challenges, adventures, experiences, and events happening in my life. I love to share the stories of how God is continually working and directing my life. I hope that this blog will allow people I love to see all the wonderful ways God is working through me, teaching me, and pushing me to grow throughout my time at school. I love you all ! ~ Miranda ~
Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 5, 2010

This is where the chapter ends ... a new one now begins...

So I am currently on the plane to LAX where I will be spending a little over a month working. My job will entail personal shopping, organization of homes, interior decorating, and moving several families to their new homes. While I am in L.A. I also plan on my off time to go visit my advisor Richard at FIDM. He is AWESOME and has helped me get this far. I will be taking care of pre- school paperwork ect. But the exciting thing about going to visit FIDM is that they currently have all of the 'Alice in Wonderland' original costumes to view in their museum !!! So I am hoping to see them :) There are currently SO many emotions that I am feeling ... I am excited ... and nervous ... sad that I already miss people (family and friends) ... happy that I get to go to the sunshine ... freaking out if there is a starbucks close to where I am living ... unsure of what my schedule looks like ... weirded out that this is the first time I am leaving home for so long ... wondering if I can find my way through the LAX airport ect. So I could use LOTS of prayer. I am so incredibly thankful that God has blessed me with this amazing opportunity. I have been praying for direction and ways that I can be prepared for school and I feel that this internship/job is an answer to that prayer. I am trusting God more than I ever have before. He is leading and directing and I am following without much hesitation which is SO huge for me! usually I would be in panic mode right about now but i'm not. I feel confident that this is where God is leading me to not only learn more about what I am passionate about (fashion) but to share to others the passion I have for Christ. This is the very beginning of my mission, kinda like the training you would go through before a big 'mission trip'! I understand that some people choose to go out to foreign places and share Christ's love ... thats awesome ... but for me my mission trip will take place in L.A. It is a very dark city, completely saturated in sin... and I am a beacon of light ... I am ready to slowly start spreading my light to other people of Los Angeles, fellow students, co-workers, people I meet, roommates, ect. I have never in my entire life felt so confident in the decisions that I have made to attend FIDM and live in L.A. ... This is for sure a huge sacrifice that I am making but in the long run it will be worth it, and God calls us to make sacrifices all the time. This is His way of showing us that all we have is Him to trust and lean on... I feel that I will not only grow-up quickly through this experience living on my own , I will grow so much closer and fall so much more in love with the God I love already with my whole heart! All of your prayers and encouragement means SO much! I will try and keep updating this as much as possible ...
Love always,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment